The Hottest Cities In Central Florida Real Estate

Only a few years ago I remember being a starving real estate agent.  I've been in the business since 1996 and I've seen it all; from the highest highs to the lowest lows.  And what strikes home more than anything is that this is my home.  I was born and raised in Orlando.  So to see so many places struggling that I've watched evolve into delightful hamlets really hurt my heart.   But boy, have times changed.  The places that area experiencing the largest growth, both geographically and financially, are the sleepy little rural towns that once were our main source of citrus and cattle.   Curious where those places might be?  Well, I'm going to tell you:  Winter Garden, Waterford Lakes and Oviedo.

I currently live in Oviedo and there are 7 new subdivisions hitting the market.  And they are selling like hotcakes.  Waterford Lakes is experiencing almost complete build out, but is so popular with young families due to the excellent shopping, easy commute and great schools.

Sales prices in the Waterford Lakes ZIP code last year averaged $365,374.


And Winter Garden?  I don't even know where to start there.  Not only is it in Disney's backyard, but there are tremendous communities being built, with outstanding features, like community boat launches, a downtown grotto and amenities that would make a tourist blush.

The average sales price for the Winter Garden ZIP code last year was $293,021, higher than the average price of $235,182 for Orange and Seminole counties last year — but more affordable than the $299,034 average price in downtown Orlando, according to the data. Prices include houses and condos.


The Orlando Board of Realtors has designed an interactive map where you can see what areas experienced the greatest gain last year. Dark red areas are where average sale prices were the highest and green areas are the lowest prices. You can find it here:

Interactive Map Orlando Communities