Why Do I Need An Agent When I'm Buying New Construction?

It ALWAYS astounds me to see how many people are in a new construction model with NO real estate agent.  When you are buying NEW construction or any other type of home, it's critical for you to be represented.  And the great thing about new construction is:  THE PRICE IS THE SAME whether you have an agent OR not.  So why not have and advocate on your side?  
Here are some key benefits to hiring me: 
1. ) I can save you money - free upgrades and other incentives are often not public knowledge.  But I can ask for things without you being in the hot seat.  You would be shocked how many 'appliances' I get kicked in for my clients.  Plus I give you a rebate- Duh.
2.)  Disputes-  The squeaky wheel gets the grease- and I can be squeaky, if you know what I mean.  I have had regional directors meet with my clients to hash out builder short-falls, and saved my clients thousands of dollars.  
3). I will give you unbiased advice about what plans, locations, elevations and finishes would give you the best resale potential.
4.) Help you understand the building process from start to finish.
5.)  Be there for inspections to be another set of eyes and ears.  
It's important for you to understand that production homes are the most common form of new construction today. Production homes typically offer the best value because of the builder's ability to control cost through mass production. However, this limits the choices and selections a buyer can make.
These same production builders also typically control the majority of available lots for building.
The critical thing? Remember the builder has a dedicated salesperson to represent them. Along with showing you the products the builder is offering, the salesperson has a couple of critical functions:
1. Make sure you buy a home from that builder.
2. Work to sell the home for the highest price possible.
3. Protect the interest of the builder.
4. Sell you the most profitable upgrades possible.
Second, understand that the building process takes time and involvement. It is not like buying a pair of socks where there is one decision and you are done. Buying a new home involves hundreds of questions and answers, and then many, many decisions. And this happens over time. Even production builders typically take 5 to 8 months to complete a home.
Third, the quality of new construction can vary greatly, even within the same development. You really should have a system to verify the quality of the construction as the home is being built.
These are just a few of the reasons you should have an buyer's agent in your corner when you start the process.  Don't go in it alone- there's no reason to. 
Remember- 
ALWAYS TELL THE BUILDER AT THE FIRST MEETING YOU HAVE A REAL ESTATE AGENT!!! 
 DO NOT WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO REPRESENTATION BY NOT DISCLOSING THAT YOU HAVE AN AGENT.